Thursday, March 15, 2012

On the Road Again

Nancy and I have returned from our New Orleans trip (I'll be working on the posts for that after I finish this update) and we've packed up, left the coast and are now at Lake Livingston State Park in east Texas.  Boy is the weather different!  But before I get started on the N'awlins excitement, I wanted to leave you with a few images from Port Aransas on our last day.  Spring break had just begun and thousands of people were expected, so we were leaving at just the right time.  Mostly families, although there was a section of beach a bit further from town where all the guys were on "titty patrol."  (Bob was planning to go down with Mardi Gras beads after we left and see what he could see! :) I can't wait to hear THAT story!)


No more empty beaches...and this was only the beginning of spring break

This is the seawall where the guys fished a lot.  Before it was mostly empty.

The Coast Guard was out in search of drug runners.  Notice the machine gun on the bow of the boat.

And, of course, I couldn't leave the beach without taking one more picture of a bird!


So, with that, we packed up and headed north.  Along the way, I got to see my first ever bluebonnets.

Blue bonnets along the side of the road

Up close and personal


Till next time, when I'll be recapping our fantastic trip to Louisiana (if I can get any decent internet service - Texas brags that each of its state parks has WiFi, but the connections are REALLY slow), I hope you're enjoying our trips so far.


No comments: