Sunday, March 22, 2015

Saying Goodbye

One more night in the local RV park and the adventure begins!  The last month in Canon City has been, in a lot of ways, the hardest part about embarking on this new adventure. This is the city and the house we have lived in the longest in all 39 years of our marriage and we've made a lot of really good friends here. As ready as we were to sell the house, even I had a “moment”....a lot of hard work went into that place! And I learned a lot in the process, so I suppose I will take those skills into another house some day. Bowing out of the many social groups I've come to love was difficult – the thought of having only my husband to do things with is a bit daunting, I will admit! And, of course, saying goodbye to our nearest and dearest friends was heart wrenching. Some, I fear, we may never see again, although I sincerely hope they all stay well and healthy until we return.

We took a drive this last week to soak in a last little Colorado ambiance and the scenery is something I will miss, no matter how beautiful other parts of the country may be.


The back of Pike's Peak

The Sangre de Cristo Mountains

A closer view of the "Wet Mountains"

A herd of deer grazing by the road

And where else can you see baby burros in town?

I may originally be from New York, but Colorado has become home to me and the mountains are one of my peaceful places.


But the future, as a full time Rver, holds many promises of new adventures, wonderful memories and, I'm sure, challenges to overcome. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to take this journey and I hope you'll join me along the way and enjoy reading my take on the known, and little-known, treasures this old USofA has to offer.  Until next time....

No comments: