Friday, June 19, 2015

Wrapping up Tennessee

In addition to all the things I've already posted about, there were other things we did while here.  We got the opportunity to visit an old friend of Sid's who now lives in Knoxville, John Strickland and his new significant other, Kippy.  Kippy told me about a lot of other places and things I wish we had had time to see and do.

We got to Gatlinburg a couple of times.  It looks more like what I expected to find in Pigeon Forge - narrow streets jam packed with shops, restaurants and tourist attractions.

The cities of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have done a good job of trying to ease the congestion of the thousands of cars in the area by providing trolleys that you can ride to get just about anywhere from early in the morning to late at night.   The drivers are friendly and it takes the pressure of having to try to find a parking spot off.

On a very personal note, since my personal stylist is not along for the ride, I had to get my hair cut at the Walmart salon in Pigeon Forge.  I went in with my fingers crossed and have to say they did a pretty good job.  But I know I won't get a great haircut until I get back to Canon City!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but we spent two weeks in the southeast corner of Tennessee and we've only touched the surface of what there is to see and do in this state.  I  would definitely like to come back here and spend a summer just going to all the places we didn't have time for.

But, for now, it's off to Kentucky and new adventures.  Hope you'll tag along!

Until next time...

No comments: