Sunday, June 14, 2015

Beans, beans...

Imagine driving a winding road in the Smoky Mountains, turning a corner and coming upon this...



Yes, that Bush's Best Baked Beans - my favorite!  It's located in Chestnut Hills, TN which isn't much more than a wide spot in the road so this company must provide a lot of jobs.

The plant

The visitor center houses a museum, general store and family cafe.  The museum was already closed, but the general store was filled with all kinds of Bush souvenirs.

And I got to have my picture taken with Jay and Duke. He wouldn't tell me the secret recipe, though!


We didn't have Nipper with us, but were glad to see he would have been welcome!

This is one reason I love to travel a bit off the beaten path.  Who knew that a product I use on a regular basis has its roots in rural Tennessee!

Until next time...

No comments: